Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
Tue February 21, 2006
Joe Donahue's Interview with Bruce Babbitt Part I
Albany, NY – As part of the Clinton Administration, Bruce Babbitt served as the US Secretary of the Interior for eight years. He also served as both Arizona's governor and as their attorney general.
His new book is Cities in the Wilderness which makes the case for why we need a national vision of land use. Babbitt will be coming to our region this weekend to talk about the topic. In the first part of Joe Donahue's 2-part interview, Joe asks him about how he came to this topic and what he means by the title "Cities in the Wilderness."
Bruce Babbitt's book is Cities in the Wilderness. It is published by Island Press. Bruce Babbitt will be speaking on this topic Saturday Night at the Northshire Bookstore in Manchester Center, Vermont at 7-PM. You can find out more information by going to their website: www.northshire.com