Most Active Stories
- Scenic Rail Planned for Northern Berkshires, But Work Remains
- Prof. Nancy Prideaux, University of Texas Austin – Logistics of Black Friday
- Two NYS Legislators Look To Regulate E-Cigarettes
- Mayor-Elect, City Leaders Call For Verizon FIOS In Albany
- MTA Police Identify Passengers Who Died In Metro-North Train Derailment
Wed September 20, 2006
Joe Donahue's interview with William S. Cohen, Part II
Albany, NY – William Cohen was the Secretary of Defense under President Bill Clinton. That term came after serving more than 24-years in the Congress and Senate. His latest project is a novel, Dragon Fire, about a fictional Secretary of Defense.
When President Clinton chose Cohen, a republican, to join his staff in 1997, making him the 20th Secretary of Defense, it was the first time in modern American history that a president selected a member of the opposing party for his cabinet. In the second part of their two-part interview, Joe asked him why that is so rare...
The name of Secretary Cohen's new book is Dragon Fire. It is published by Forge. He spoke with WAMC's Joe Donahue.