Most Active Stories
- Health Summit Focuses On Gender Equality In Clinical Research
- MA Health Connector Dwindles Backlog; Website Work Remains
- Dr. Russell Poldrack, University of Texas at Austin - Studying fluctuations of the brain
- Beyond Addiction: How Science and Kindness Help People Change
- Dr. Chad Jensen, Brigham Young University - Specific types of bullying have specific results
Wed September 20, 2006
Joe Donahue's interview with William S. Cohen, Part II
Albany, NY – William Cohen was the Secretary of Defense under President Bill Clinton. That term came after serving more than 24-years in the Congress and Senate. His latest project is a novel, Dragon Fire, about a fictional Secretary of Defense.
When President Clinton chose Cohen, a republican, to join his staff in 1997, making him the 20th Secretary of Defense, it was the first time in modern American history that a president selected a member of the opposing party for his cabinet. In the second part of their two-part interview, Joe asked him why that is so rare...
The name of Secretary Cohen's new book is Dragon Fire. It is published by Forge. He spoke with WAMC's Joe Donahue.