Most Active Stories
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- WAMC Spring Series: A Look At Maple Season
- Jill Stein Weighs A Run For President...
Wed September 20, 2006
Joe Donahue's interview with William S. Cohen, Part II
Albany, NY – William Cohen was the Secretary of Defense under President Bill Clinton. That term came after serving more than 24-years in the Congress and Senate. His latest project is a novel, Dragon Fire, about a fictional Secretary of Defense.
When President Clinton chose Cohen, a republican, to join his staff in 1997, making him the 20th Secretary of Defense, it was the first time in modern American history that a president selected a member of the opposing party for his cabinet. In the second part of their two-part interview, Joe asked him why that is so rare...
The name of Secretary Cohen's new book is Dragon Fire. It is published by Forge. He spoke with WAMC's Joe Donahue.