Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
WAMC New York News
Fri June 11, 2004
Judge Dismisses Charges Against New Paltz Mayor
By Allison Dunne
New Paltz, NY – A judge has dismissed charges against New Paltz Mayor Jason West for marrying same-sex couples without licenses. The ruling is said to be the first of its kind in New York, and sides with the mayor's argument that he was upholding constitutional equal protection rights. One of the mayor's attorney's says a town clerk is caught in the middle. WAMC's Hudson Valley Bureau Chief Allison Dunne has more.