Most Active Stories
- Dr. Russell Johnson, Michigan State University - The Harmful Effects of Smartphones
- The Great Debate - Single Payer or Private Insurance
- MA Health Connector Dwindles Backlog; Website Work Remains
- Dr. Russell Poldrack, University of Texas at Austin - Studying fluctuations of the brain
- A Whole Lotta Flash: Lesli Margherita In "Matilda: The Musical"
WAMC New York News
Thu February 3, 2005
Judge Renews Charges Against New Paltz Mayor
By Allison Dunne
Kingston, NY – Criminal charges have been reinstated against New Paltz, New York Mayor Jason West. The charges had been dismissed last year by a New Paltz Town Justice on the grounds that the mayor was upholding constitutional equal protection rights. Yesterday's decision by an Ulster County judge to overturn the town justice's ruling could result in a trial in the town court. WAMC's Hudson Valley Bureau Chief Allison Dunne has more.