Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Dr. Claudia Buchmann, Ohio State University – Higher Education Gender Gap
Fri April 20, 2012
Justin Knapp Makes History On Wikipedia
Originally published on Fri April 20, 2012 7:37 am
LYNN NEARY, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Lynn Neary. There's a good chance you've seen the work of 30-year-old Justin Knapp, even if you've never heard of him. That's because he's a prolific editor on Wikipedia. In fact, he just became the first Wikipedia user to make one million edits. But Knapp may be a dying breed. Wikipedia founder Jimmy Wales says the number of editors contributing to the online encyclopedia is on the decline. Apparently they've all grown up and found better things to do with their time. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright National Public Radio.