Most Active Stories
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
Fri January 17, 2014
Kathy Mattea At Troy Savings Bank Music Hall On 2/1
One of country music’s most distinctive and acclaimed artists, two-time Country Music Association Female Vocalist of the Year, Kathy Mattea, will perform at Troy Savings Bank Music Hall on 2/1 at 8 p.m.
With hits such as "Where've You Been?", the bluesy "455 Rocket", and the iconic "Eighteen Wheels and a Dozen Roses", Mattea is always ahead of the curve - both in Nashville’s sound and its conscience.
She has remained grounded as a folk-based, roots performer who lets her instincts be her guide. Calling Me Home, Mattea’s follow-up to her hit Coal, is a collection of songs that celebrates the Appalachian culture of her native West Virginia. Her music has been hailed for both its contemporary edge and its traditional flavor, and her passionate live performances keep fans coming back from all around the world.
Arts & Culture