Most Active Stories
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
WAMC New York News
Thu January 15, 2004
KB Toys Files for Bankruptcy
By Kelly Wilkinson
Pittsfield, MA – KB Toys, headquartered in Pittsfield, Massachusetts, filed for bankruptcy yesterday. The privately held company has been hit hard by discount stores' price wars, which are changing the face of the toy industry. The bankruptcy announcement follows one of the toy company's worst holiday seasons. WAMC's Kelly Wilkinson reports.