Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
Mon December 17, 2012
Keeping Schools Safe
NYS Education Commissioner John King released a statement Friday lamenting the mass shooting at Sandy Hook elementary school in Connecticut. King said, “Our schools are meant to be safe havens where children can learn, free from fear and violence.”
Ken Slentz, is deputy NYS Education Commissioner in the Office of P-12 Education and joins us to discuss what is being done now and what should be done in the future to keep our schools safe. We also welcome Mary Grenz Jelloh, Executive Director of the New York State Center for School Safety.