Most Active Stories
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
WAMC New York News
Wed November 26, 2003
Kennedy On Medicare
By Kelly Wilkinson
Washington DC – With passage of the most sweeping changes to Medicare since it's creation, Congress handed President Bush a major victory yesterday. Supporters say the reform was long overdue and will give seniors needed drug coverage. But opponents say the bill is a giveaway for insurance and drug companies. Massachusetts senator Edward Kennedy led the fight against the bill. After it passed, he talked with WAMC's Berkshire Bureau Chief Kelly Wilkinson.