Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
WAMC New York News
Wed May 5, 2004
Kent State Commemorated at Northern NY College
By Pat Bradley
Plattsburgh, NY – On May 4, 1970 members of the Ohio National Guard were on the Kent State campus where students had gathered for an anti-Vietnam War protest. Just before 12:30 in the afternoon, shots were fired. Four students were killed.
Since then, Plattsburgh State has commemorated the Kent State shootings. It's one of the only colleges in the country to have, for 34 consecutive years, honored the students killed at Kent and Jackson States. More from North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley.