Most Active Stories
- Retracing The Steps Of Solomon Northup In Saratoga Springs
- Health Summit Focuses On Gender Equality In Clinical Research
- Vox Pop : Medical Monday - Dr. Richard Horowitz : 2/24/14
- Senate Republicans Block Sanders Omnibus Veterans Bill
- Dr. David Trilling, Northern Arizona University - Can an asteroid impact Earth?
Around the Nation
Wed February 29, 2012
Ketchum Could Be First Female A&M Yell Leader
RENEE MONTAGNE, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Renee Montagne. A woman could finally break the glass ceiling at Texas A&M by becoming the school's first female cheerleader. A&M calls them yell leaders, and for more than 100 years of this one-time military academy, they've been men. Samantha Ketcham wants to change that. She received enough votes to qualify for a runoff later this week - a first. Though a win is hardly assured, she says she's shocked and excited to have gotten this far. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright National Public Radio.