Most Active Stories
- Next In NYS: Legal Marijuana?
- Family Of Norman Rockwell Angered Over Conclusions Drawn In New Rockwell Biography
- An Apple A Day Keeps The Doctor Away, And Statins Do, Too
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Robert Levenson, University of California Berkeley - Genetics of Marital Bliss
WAMC New York News
Thu September 11, 2003
Key Battle in Early US History to be Commemorated
By Pat Bradley
Plattsburgh, NY – September 11th has been a significant date in US history for almost 200 years. On Sept 11th, 1814 Americans defeated a British invasion force on Lake Champlain. The battle was a critical event in preventing the fledgling US from becoming a British territory. The Battle of Plattsburgh annual commemoration begins today and continues thru the weekend. North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley has a preview.