Most Active Stories
- New Analysis And Science Answer Governor Cuomo’s Fracking Concerns
- Anchor Stores Announced For Newburgh Shopping Complex
- North Adams Goes Unsilent: Electronic Audio Experience Fills Streets
- BMC Nurses Picket Claiming Unsafe Staffing Levels
- Vermont GMO Supporters Decry Federal Bill Targeting State Level Legislation
Thu October 25, 2012
Kirk Kardashian - Milk Money
In his new book Milk Money, Dartmouth’s Kirk Kardashian asks whether it is right that family farmers in America should toil so hard, produce a food so wholesome and so popular, and still lose money. He looks to uncover the hidden forces behind dairy farm consolidation, and explains why milk--a staple commodity subject to both government oversight and industry collusion--has proven so tricky to stabilize.
Meanwhile, every year we continue to lose scores of small dairy farms. Kirk Kardashian is a senior writer at the Tuck School of Business at Dartmouth and the author of Milk Money.
New England News
WAMC New York News