Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Prof. Nancy Prideaux, University of Texas Austin – Logistics of Black Friday
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- F-35 To Be Housed At Vermont Air Guard Base
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
Thu June 28, 2012
Knotty Problem Solved: Knitters Won't Call Their Games The 'Ravelympics'
Those knitters we told you about who had been asked to "cease and desist" by the U.S. Olympics Committee because they were planning a "Ravelympics" have opted to give the slip to any legal issues.
They're going to call their competitions "The Ravellenic Games," The Oregonian reports.
The new name was among several suggestions considered by members of the knitting social networking site Ravelry.com, including:
-- Pan-Ravelry Games.
-- Ravelry Challenge.