Most Active Stories
- Next In NYS: Legal Marijuana?
- Family Of Norman Rockwell Angered Over Conclusions Drawn In New Rockwell Biography
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- An Apple A Day Keeps The Doctor Away, And Statins Do, Too
- Dr. Robert Levenson, University of California Berkeley - Genetics of Marital Bliss
Thu May 3, 2012
L.A. Angels Pitcher Fires No-Hitter
Jered Weaver tossed the second no-hitter of the young baseball season by pitching the L.A. Angels past Minnesota 9-0.
Weaver struck out nine and walked one. The Twins never came close to getting a hit against the All-Star right-hander.
An 18-game winner a year ago for the Angels, Weaver joined the Chicago White Sox pitcher Phil Humber in the no-hit club of 2012. Humber tossed a perfect game against Seattle on April 21.
It was the 10th no-hitter in Angels’ history. Weaver is the sixth Angel hurler to do the trick. Nolan Ryan threw four no-hitters while pitching for the Angels.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.
Photo courtesy of Iam Chihang via Flickr.