Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- White House Cites Pre-Existing Condition Case From Its Own Ranks
WAMC New York News
Tue July 12, 2005
Lake Placid Wins Major Winter Sports Competition
By Pat Bradley
Lake Placid, NY – Lake Placid has been selected to host the 2009 World Bobsled and Skeleton Championships. The International Federation of Bobsled and Toboggan in Germany chose the village for its last major championships prior to the 2010 Winter Olympic Games in Vancouver. Lake Placid officials say it solidifies the area as a primary global winter sports venue and provides both economic and tourism opportunities.
WAMC's North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley has more.