Most Active Stories
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Scenic Rail Expected To Be Running In Northern Berkshires This Summer
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- Threats Lead To Hamilton College Lockdown
WAMC New York News
Tue July 12, 2005
Lake Placid Wins Major Winter Sports Competition
By Pat Bradley
Lake Placid, NY – Lake Placid has been selected to host the 2009 World Bobsled and Skeleton Championships. The International Federation of Bobsled and Toboggan in Germany chose the village for its last major championships prior to the 2010 Winter Olympic Games in Vancouver. Lake Placid officials say it solidifies the area as a primary global winter sports venue and provides both economic and tourism opportunities.
WAMC's North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley has more.