Most Active Stories
- Dr. Russell Johnson, Michigan State University - The Harmful Effects of Smartphones
- The Great Debate - Single Payer or Private Insurance
- MA Health Connector Dwindles Backlog; Website Work Remains
- Dr. Russell Poldrack, University of Texas at Austin - Studying fluctuations of the brain
- A Whole Lotta Flash: Lesli Margherita In "Matilda: The Musical"
WAMC New York News
Wed November 23, 2005
Lakekeeper Named for Lake Champlain
By Pat Bradley
Plattsburgh, NY – The Waterkeeper Alliance works to insure the ecological and environmental health of water bodies. The Alliance approves a network of river-keepers, bay-keepers and lake-keepers. Two years ago, the Montpelier office of the Conservation Law Foundation received approval to create a Lake Champlain Lake-Keeper. A former director of the Adirondack Council was recently named keeper of the sixth largest fresh-water lake in the country. WAMC's North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley talked to Lake Champlain Lake-Keeper Tim Burke.