Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- F-35 To Be Housed At Vermont Air Guard Base
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- White House Cites Pre-Existing Condition Case From Its Own Ranks
New England News
Mon September 2, 2013
Larson Sets Town Hall Meeting On Syria Attack
Connecticut U.S. Representative John Larson will spend Labor Day hearing from constituents on whether Congress should authorize President Barack Obama to launch a military strike on Syria.
Larson has scheduled a community forum at West Hartford Town Hall today.
He said he will update residents and invite those who attend to express their opinions and ask questions.
Larson, a Democrat, said in a news release on Saturday that he commends Obama for seeking congressional authorization to punish Syria's Assad regime for an alleged chemical attack on its own people.
Larson did not say how he will vote on the issue.
Congress has scheduled a vote on the authorization soon after lawmakers return from their summer recess on Sept. 9.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All rights Reserved.