Most Active Stories
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
New York News
Fri January 10, 2014
Las Vegas Prosecutors Watching NY Flavor Flav Case
A prosecutor handling a felony assault case in Las Vegas against entertainer Flavor Flav says he's watching legal developments in Long Island, N.Y., after the former rap star was ticketed for speeding and driving without a license.
Chief Deputy Clark County District Attorney Richard Scow said Friday he didn't immediately plan to ask a judge to jail the 54-year-old Hip hop artist and television personality for his most recent run-in with the law.
Flavor Flav's legal name is William Jonathan Drayton Jr. The rapper has family ties in the Albany area.
New York state police say he was stopped Thursday in Mineola, after he was clocked driving 79 mph in a 55 mph zone on the way to his mother's funeral.
Drayton's lawyer in Las Vegas, Kristina Wildeveld, says she doesn't believe the New York case should affect his Nevada case.
© 2014 AP