Most Active Stories
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
Fri May 18, 2012
The Last Word In Business
Originally published on Fri May 18, 2012 4:49 pm
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
And today's last word in business is: free flight - to somewhere less exotic than Nepal.
Tomorrow, the New York Rangers play the New Jersey Devils in Newark, New Jersey, game three of the NHL Eastern Conference Finals. And Delta Airlines is offering free plane tickets to New Jersey for some lucky Rangers fans. Tickets from New York to New Jersey, two states separated by the Hudson River, which is about a mile wide. But fans beware, the flight time for the 20 mile trip is 17 minutes, but the estimated actual travel time, with airports and the TSA involved, about three hours.
(SOUNDBITE OF LAUGHTER)
DAVID GREENE, HOST:
What hockey fans will do to beat traffic.
From NPR News, this is MORNING EDITION.
INSKEEP: I'm Steve Inskeep.
GREENE: And I'm David Greene. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright National Public Radio.