Most Active Stories
- Retracing The Steps Of Solomon Northup In Saratoga Springs
- Health Summit Focuses On Gender Equality In Clinical Research
- Vox Pop : Medical Monday - Dr. Richard Horowitz : 2/24/14
- Senate Republicans Block Sanders Omnibus Veterans Bill
- Dr. David Trilling, Northern Arizona University - Can an asteroid impact Earth?
WAMC New York News
Fri May 5, 2006
Latest Data Show Large Numbers Failing to Sign-Up for Medicare-D
By Pat Bradley
Plattsburgh, NY – The Bush Administration's major prescription drug benefit program for seniors - Medicare-D - began in January amid chaos and complaints. Many of the implementation problems have been solved, and now advocates are trying to get those eligible to sign up before May 15th. Anyone who signs up after that date will face penalties. But new figures show that in some states a quarter or more of those eligible are ignoring the system. WAMC's North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley has more.