Most Active Stories
- New Analysis And Science Answer Governor Cuomo’s Fracking Concerns
- Anchor Stores Announced For Newburgh Shopping Complex
- BMC Nurses Picket Claiming Unsafe Staffing Levels
- Owens Would Like To Continue In Economic Development Role
- Vermont GMO Supporters Decry Federal Bill Targeting State Level Legislation
Tue September 3, 2013
The Lava Lamp Has Turned 50; Here's Some Groovy Video
Originally published on Tue September 3, 2013 12:52 pm
Not much more needs to be said, man: The lava lamp "first hit stores in Britain on this day in 1963."
According to The Associated Press, the groovy light "was created by British inventor Edward Craven-Walker, who was inspired by an odd-looking liquid-filled egg timer he saw in a pub in southwest Britain."
There are many lava lamp apps out there. Videos, too. We'll post this serenely simple one. Dim the lights, sit back and enjoy if you wish.