Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
WAMC New York News
Wed August 25, 2004
Law That Slowed Growth in Western Mass. Ruled Illegal
By Kelly Wilkinson
Hadley, MA – The Supreme Judicial Court in Massachusetts has ruled that a law passed in Western Massachusetts to slow development is unconstitutional. The ruling will have implications throughout the state since about 50 other towns had similar bylaws in place that are now open to attack. WAMC's Berkshire Bureau Chief Kelly Wilkinson has more.