Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
WAMC New York News
Fri July 22, 2005
Lawmaker Calls on NYS D-E-C to Require Power Plant Upgrade
By Allison Dunne
Newburgh, NY – A Congressman from the Hudson Valley is urging New York's Department of Environmental Conservation to require the owner of a power plant in Orange County to reduce its water intake from the Hudson River. He and environmentalists support one method in particular they say would spare numerous fish. The plant's owner says such a system is too expensive. WAMC's Hudson Valley Bureau Chief Allison Dunne has more.