Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
WAMC New York News
Fri July 22, 2005
Lawmaker Calls on NYS D-E-C to Require Power Plant Upgrade
By Allison Dunne
Newburgh, NY – A Congressman from the Hudson Valley is urging New York's Department of Environmental Conservation to require the owner of a power plant in Orange County to reduce its water intake from the Hudson River. He and environmentalists support one method in particular they say would spare numerous fish. The plant's owner says such a system is too expensive. WAMC's Hudson Valley Bureau Chief Allison Dunne has more.