Most Active Stories
- Scenic Rail Planned for Northern Berkshires, But Work Remains
- Prof. Nancy Prideaux, University of Texas Austin – Logistics of Black Friday
- Two NYS Legislators Look To Regulate E-Cigarettes
- Mayor-Elect, City Leaders Call For Verizon FIOS In Albany
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
WAMC New England News
Mon March 20, 2006
Lawmaker Criticizes Springfield Control Board Extension Bill
By Dan Bobkoff
SPRINGFIELD, MA – At least one state lawmaker is dubious about legislation introduced by Massachusetts Governor Romney last week that would extend Springfield's control board until 2010. Currently, the state-appointed board running the struggling city is due to expire in 2007.
WAMC's Pioneer Valley Bureau Chief Dan Bobkoff has the story.