Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Dr. Claudia Buchmann, Ohio State University – Higher Education Gender Gap
WAMC New York News
Thu January 20, 2005
Lawmaker Raises Concerns Over Proposed Resort
By Allison Dunne
Kingston, NY – A Hudson Valley area assemblyman is calling on the head of New York's DEC to order hearings on various topics related to the proposed Belleayre Resort at Catskill Park. He says there are a number of issues lacking in detail in the developer's draft environmental impact statement. The developer's attorney refutes that notion, and says these issues have been detailed. WAMC's Hudson Valley Bureau Chief Allison Dunne has more.