Most Active Stories
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Scenic Rail Expected To Be Running In Northern Berkshires This Summer
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- Threats Lead To Hamilton College Lockdown
WAMC New York News
Tue January 24, 2006
Lawmakers Call On Governor to Reopen Safe Sex Website
By Pat Bradley
Montpelier, VT – More than 70 Vermont lawmakers have written to the governor and the Secretary of Human Services asking that the Health Department reactivate an award-winning, state-sponsored web site that answers young men's questions about sex. The site, themanphone-dot-org, was taken down after a link to a pornographic web site was discovered. And while that link has been removed, the website remains dormant.
WAMC's North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley has more.