Most Active Stories
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
WAMC New York News
Thu March 9, 2006
Lawmakers Pushing for Assessment of Indian Point
By Deborah Runcie
Buchanan, NY – Democratic Congressman Maurice Hinchey of Ulster County New York and colleagues from New York and Connecticut, have introduced bi-partisan legislation that would require the Nuclear Regulatory Commission to examine safety issues at the Indian Point Power Plant in northern Westchester County.
WAMC'S Hudson Valley Bureau Chief Deborah Runcie reports: