Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
WAMC New York News
Thu March 9, 2006
Lawmakers Pushing for Assessment of Indian Point
By Deborah Runcie
Buchanan, NY – Democratic Congressman Maurice Hinchey of Ulster County New York and colleagues from New York and Connecticut, have introduced bi-partisan legislation that would require the Nuclear Regulatory Commission to examine safety issues at the Indian Point Power Plant in northern Westchester County.
WAMC'S Hudson Valley Bureau Chief Deborah Runcie reports: