Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
WAMC New York News
Thu February 12, 2004
Lawmakers Resume Emotional Debate on Gay Marriage
By Kelly Wilkinson
Boston, MA – Massachusetts lawmakers have now reconvened at the State House to continue the emotional debate on gay marriage. House and Senate legislators will consider proposals that would amend the state's constitution in a way that bans same sex marriage. Changing the constitution is the only way to negate a ruling by the state's highest court that said gays have a right to wed. WAMC's Berkshire Bureau Chief Kelly Wilkinson has more.