Most Active Stories
- Dr. Russell Johnson, Michigan State University - The Harmful Effects of Smartphones
- The Great Debate - Single Payer or Private Insurance
- MA Health Connector Dwindles Backlog; Website Work Remains
- Dr. Russell Poldrack, University of Texas at Austin - Studying fluctuations of the brain
- A Whole Lotta Flash: Lesli Margherita In "Matilda: The Musical"
WAMC New York News
Tue May 16, 2006
Lawsuit Filed Against Adirondack Power Line Project
By Pat Bradley
Tupper Lake, NY – A lawsuit has been filed against the New York Power Authority and the Adirondack Park Agency over the proposed route of a power line into Tupper Lake. The village, in the heart of the Adirondack Mountains, has had power problems for years and new power lines are planned to help solve the problem. But a landowner says a part of the route was authorized arbitrarily and wants it changed or the project stopped. WAMC's North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley has more.