Most Active Stories
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
WAMC New York News
Tue May 9, 2006
Lawsuit Over Lake Placid House Moves Forward
By Pat Bradley
Lake Placid, NY – In 2004, Art and Margaret Spiegel began building a home in a subdivision located on a ridge-line near Lake Placid. But the home is unfinished because the Adirondack Park Agency revoked building permits after it determined the house exceeded height limits by more than 20 feet and was sited too close to the ridge-line. Both sides are claiming victory following a federal judge's ruling Monday in a lawsuit filed by the homeowners against the Adirondack Park Agency. WAMC's North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley has more.