Most Active Stories
- Prof. Nancy Prideaux, University of Texas Austin – Logistics of Black Friday
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- F-35 To Be Housed At Vermont Air Guard Base
- Mayor-Elect, City Leaders Call For Verizon FIOS In Albany
- Scenic Rail Planned for Northern Berkshires, But Work Remains
WAMC New England News
Mon April 12, 2010
Lawyer Advocates Marijuana Law Change In Mass.
By Paul Tuthill
Northampton, MA – Almost thirty years ago, a lawyer from Northampton Massachusetts wrote a proposed state law to tax and regulate marijuana. It went no where in the Massachusetts Legislature. But now, 66 year old Dick Evans is trying again. He believes the climate in the state is more receptive to his idea given the voter approval two years ago to decriminalize the possession of small amounts of marijuana.. WAMC"s Pioneer Valley Bureau Chief Paul Tuthill spoke with Evans...