Most Active Stories
- Cheerios Commercial Leaves Bitter Taste
- Breaking the Sound Barrier - NPR Labs Brings Radio To Hearing Impaired
- Dr. Dorothy Peteet, Columbia University – Hudson River and Climate Records
- Dr. Sara Konrath, University of Michigan – Age and Empathy
- Mass. Medical Marijuana Regulations Approved, Communities Prepare For Dispensaries
WAMC New England News
Mon April 12, 2010
Lawyer Advocates Marijuana Law Change In Mass.
By Paul Tuthill
Northampton, MA – Almost thirty years ago, a lawyer from Northampton Massachusetts wrote a proposed state law to tax and regulate marijuana. It went no where in the Massachusetts Legislature. But now, 66 year old Dick Evans is trying again. He believes the climate in the state is more receptive to his idea given the voter approval two years ago to decriminalize the possession of small amounts of marijuana.. WAMC"s Pioneer Valley Bureau Chief Paul Tuthill spoke with Evans...