Most Active Stories
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- Shakespeare & Company's Founding Artistic Dir. Speaks About Recent Leadership Resignations
- Western Massachusetts School Investigates Allegations Of Inappropriate Sexual Conduct
WAMC New England News
Mon April 12, 2010
Lawyer Advocates Marijuana Law Change In Mass.
By Paul Tuthill
Northampton, MA – Almost thirty years ago, a lawyer from Northampton Massachusetts wrote a proposed state law to tax and regulate marijuana. It went no where in the Massachusetts Legislature. But now, 66 year old Dick Evans is trying again. He believes the climate in the state is more receptive to his idea given the voter approval two years ago to decriminalize the possession of small amounts of marijuana.. WAMC"s Pioneer Valley Bureau Chief Paul Tuthill spoke with Evans...