Most Active Stories
- Retracing The Steps Of Solomon Northup In Saratoga Springs
- Health Summit Focuses On Gender Equality In Clinical Research
- Vox Pop : Medical Monday - Dr. Richard Horowitz : 2/24/14
- Senate Republicans Block Sanders Omnibus Veterans Bill
- Dr. David Trilling, Northern Arizona University - Can an asteroid impact Earth?
New England News
Tue February 5, 2013
Lawyer for Berkshire suspect wants trial moved
PITTSFIELD, Mass. (AP) — The lawyer for one of three men charged with a Berkshire County triple slaying has asked a judge to move his client's trial out of the county because "incessant" and "inflammatory" media coverage has "impaired" the ability to get a fair trial.
The Berkshire Eagle reports that the attorney for Adam Lee Hall told a judge he would like to see his client's trial held in a jurisdiction where there's less of a chance the jury pool has been "affected by the pretrial publicity."
The 36-year-old Hall, a member of the Hells Angels, is charged along with two others with killing David Glasser, Edward Frampton and Robert Chadwell in August 2011 to prevent Glasser from testifying against him in another case. Prosecutors say the others were killed to eliminate witnesses.
Information from: The Berkshire (Mass.) Eagle, http://www.berkshireeagle.com
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press.