Most Active Stories
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
Thu May 2, 2013
Lawyers: 2 Didn't Know Of Boston Attack Plans
Lawyers for two men charged with conspiring to obstruct justice in the Boston bombing case say their clients had no idea the attack was being planned.
The lawyers for Azamat Tazhayakov and Dias Kadyrbayev held a brief news conference Wednesday after their clients' initial court appearance.
Their attorneys say their clients were just as shocked as everyone else and didn't have anything to do with the attack.
They are accused of removing a backpack containing hollowed-out fireworks from suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev's dorm room three days after the attack to keep him from getting into trouble.
A third man is also charged with making false statements to federal investigators. He awaits a court appearance.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.