Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
WAMC New York News
Wed December 15, 2004
Lay Teachers Protest Contract Offer
By Allison Dunne
Poughkeepsie, NY – Teachers are back in their classrooms at Catholic High Schools in New York City and the Hudson Valley today after staging a sickout yesterday in protest of a contract offer from the Archdiocese of New York. An increase in salary and health-care contributions are the main reasons for the delay in negotiations. More from WAMC's Hudson Valley Bureau Chief Allison Dunne.