Most Active Stories
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
WAMC New York News
Fri January 28, 2005
Leaders Say Wireless Initiative Will Boost M-CAS Scores, Business
By John Krol
Pittsfield, MA – A pilot program that will give a laptop computer to each of the some 25-hundred students in the public and parochial middle schools in Pittsfield and North Adams received a major boost yesterday from the private sector. The program, which legislators saved by overriding Governor Mitt Romney's veto in the last budget go-round, means seventh graders will be handed an Apple laptop computer next September for classroom use. WAMC's Berkshire Bureau Chief John Krol has the story.