Most Active Stories
- Pittsfield's 3rd Thursdays Undergoes Changes For 2015 Season
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- Williams College New Environmental Center Reaching For High Bar
Mon February 24, 2014
"The Leading Indicators" By Zachary Karabell
We are bombarded every day with numbers that tell us how we are doing, whether the economy is growing or shrinking, whether the future looks bright or dim. Gross national product, balance of trade, unemployment, inflation, and consumer confidence guide our actions, yet few of us know where these numbers come from, what they mean, or why they rule our world.
In The Leading Indicators: A Short History of the Numbers That Rule Our World, Zachary Karabell tells the fascinating history of these indicators.
Commentary & Opinion