Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
Wed December 26, 2012
Leftist Magazine Puts Sanders, Shumlin on Honor Roll
Two Vermont elected officials have been named to The Nation magazine's 2012 progressive honor roll.
Sen. Bernie Sanders was chosen by the left-leaning weekly as its most-valuable progressive. The magazine cites Sanders for his defense of Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid against cuts being talked about in Washington.
Gov. Peter Shumlin gets The Nation's nod as the most valuable governor in the country. It cites Shumlin's work on budget issues, and his support for a single-payer health care system in Vermont.
Copyright 2012 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.