Most Active Stories
- New Analysis And Science Answer Governor Cuomo’s Fracking Concerns
- Owens Would Like To Continue In Economic Development Role
- Anchor Stores Announced For Newburgh Shopping Complex
- BMC Nurses Picket Claiming Unsafe Staffing Levels
- Vermont GMO Supporters Decry Federal Bill Targeting State Level Legislation
Fri August 22, 2014
Legendary Rock Writer Ben Fong-Torres Is "Willin'"
The band Little Feat might be little remembered among casual music fans, but like many of its 60s and 70s brethren, the band has soldiered on through brief pop stardom, band deaths and the disagreements that often derail rock groups forever.
Formed in the same scene inhabited by Frank Zappa’s Mothers of Invention, Little Feat was led by guitarist and singer Lowell George in its early years, but after George’s 1979 death at age 34, has enjoyed a second life over the past 25 years under fellow founder Bill Payne.
Little Feat is the subject of a new biography by Ben Fong-Torres. Willin: The Story of Little Feat is published by Da Capo.
Ben Fong-Torres is a titan of music journalism; he began writing for Rolling Stone in its eighth issue, and has written several books and hundreds of magazine articles in addition to a busy career on the airwaves in San Francisco.
Originally aired on 1/7/14.