Most Active Stories
- Retracing The Steps Of Solomon Northup In Saratoga Springs
- Health Summit Focuses On Gender Equality In Clinical Research
- Vox Pop : Medical Monday - Dr. Richard Horowitz : 2/24/14
- Senate Republicans Block Sanders Omnibus Veterans Bill
- Dr. David Trilling, Northern Arizona University - Can an asteroid impact Earth?
WAMC New York News
Mon June 6, 2005
Legislators Adjourn Despite Budget Veto Threat
By Pat Bradley
Montpelier, VT – The Vermont Legislature adjourned Saturday evening after passing the state's budget, but will reconvene within weeks. That's because Governor James Douglas has promised to veto the entire state budget based on a single provision. And the Governor says because it was clear he would veto the budget if they passed the provision in question, he will ask them to return without compensation.
WAMC's North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley has more.