Most Active Stories
- MA And CT Declare State Of Emergency, Issues Travel Bans As Winter Blast Nears
- New York State Assembly Speaker Sheldon Silver Arrested On Corruption Charges
- NYS Assembly Speaker Sheldon Silver Charged in Corruption Scheme
- Wrinkles In Schenectady Casino Planning
- International Paper Employee Dies From Injuries
WAMC New York News
Mon June 6, 2005
Legislators Adjourn Despite Budget Veto Threat
By Pat Bradley
Montpelier, VT – The Vermont Legislature adjourned Saturday evening after passing the state's budget, but will reconvene within weeks. That's because Governor James Douglas has promised to veto the entire state budget based on a single provision. And the Governor says because it was clear he would veto the budget if they passed the provision in question, he will ask them to return without compensation.
WAMC's North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley has more.