Most Active Stories
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Scenic Rail Expected To Be Running In Northern Berkshires This Summer
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- Threats Lead To Hamilton College Lockdown
WAMC New York News
Mon June 6, 2005
Legislators Adjourn Despite Budget Veto Threat
By Pat Bradley
Montpelier, VT – The Vermont Legislature adjourned Saturday evening after passing the state's budget, but will reconvene within weeks. That's because Governor James Douglas has promised to veto the entire state budget based on a single provision. And the Governor says because it was clear he would veto the budget if they passed the provision in question, he will ask them to return without compensation.
WAMC's North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley has more.