Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Prof. Nancy Prideaux, University of Texas Austin – Logistics of Black Friday
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- F-35 To Be Housed At Vermont Air Guard Base
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
WAMC New York News
Mon June 6, 2005
Legislators Adjourn Despite Budget Veto Threat
By Pat Bradley
Montpelier, VT – The Vermont Legislature adjourned Saturday evening after passing the state's budget, but will reconvene within weeks. That's because Governor James Douglas has promised to veto the entire state budget based on a single provision. And the Governor says because it was clear he would veto the budget if they passed the provision in question, he will ask them to return without compensation.
WAMC's North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley has more.