Most Active Stories
- Dr. Russell Johnson, Michigan State University - The Harmful Effects of Smartphones
- MA Health Connector Dwindles Backlog; Website Work Remains
- The Great Debate - Single Payer or Private Insurance
- Dr. Russell Poldrack, University of Texas at Austin - Studying fluctuations of the brain
- A Whole Lotta Flash: Lesli Margherita In "Matilda: The Musical"
WAMC New York News
Mon June 6, 2005
Legislators Adjourn Despite Budget Veto Threat
By Pat Bradley
Montpelier, VT – The Vermont Legislature adjourned Saturday evening after passing the state's budget, but will reconvene within weeks. That's because Governor James Douglas has promised to veto the entire state budget based on a single provision. And the Governor says because it was clear he would veto the budget if they passed the provision in question, he will ask them to return without compensation.
WAMC's North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley has more.