Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
Fri April 6, 2012
Life In Prison For Man Who Planted Pipe Bomb In Colorado Mall
Earl Albert Moore, who in April 2011 on the 12th anniversary of the Columbine school shootings placed a pipe bomb in a nearby Colorado shopping mall, has been sentenced to life in prison.
"Moore also set a fire in the hallway, but the bomb did not explode," The Denver Post adds. "No one was injured, and Moore said during sentencing today that he wasn't trying to do so."
"It was never my intention to hurt anybody," Moore, 66, said in court Thursday, according to the Post. "I apologize for my actions."
U.S. District Court Judge John Kane said Moore had sown "seeds of terror" and that though no one was killed, "that is not to your credit."