Most Active Stories
- Next In NYS: Legal Marijuana?
- Family Of Norman Rockwell Angered Over Conclusions Drawn In New Rockwell Biography
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- An Apple A Day Keeps The Doctor Away, And Statins Do, Too
- Dr. Robert Levenson, University of California Berkeley - Genetics of Marital Bliss
Mon December 17, 2012
Living with Guns: A Liberal's Case for the Second Amendment
The issue of gun control is again on the minds of Americans in the wake of the tragic shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Connecticut. With 28 dead, including 20 children, some are saying it is one of the worst mass shootings in American history.
But despite this tragedy and others that have occurred recently in Oregon and Colorado, there has been a lack of cooperation between gun control supporters and opponents when it comes to an open discussion of what could be done to prevent mass shootings.
Former New York Times reporter Craig Whitney's new book Living with Guns: A Liberal's Case for the Second Amendment, delves deep into the history of guns in America, their important role in establishing the United States, but also the need for an effective discussion about how to modify current laws to help prevent the tragic misuse and abuse of the Second Amendment.
The Roundtable - Question of the Day