Most Active Stories
- New Analysis And Science Answer Governor Cuomo’s Fracking Concerns
- Anchor Stores Announced For Newburgh Shopping Complex
- BMC Nurses Picket Claiming Unsafe Staffing Levels
- Vermont GMO Supporters Decry Federal Bill Targeting State Level Legislation
- Conservation Group Praises USCG, EPA Oil-Spill Response Plan Effort
New York News
Thu February 7, 2013
Lobby for Cuomo keeps donors secret
ALBANY, N.Y. (AP) — The lobbying group created to support Gov. Andrew Cuomo, which had refused to identify its donors for two years, now reports no contributors over the last six months in a legally required report.
The Committee to Save New York and other lobbyists were required for the first time to disclose their donors in reports due last month. But a Freedom of Information Law request by The Associated Press shows the committee reported no donations since July.
The group had funded multi-million dollar TV ad campaigns over the last two years to promote Cuomo's accomplishments, but had refused to disclose donors until law required it.
In July, the state's Joint Commission on Public Ethics decided against making the disclosure retroactive to the 2011 ethics law.
© 2013 Associated Press