Most Active Stories
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
WAMC New York News
Wed February 18, 2004
Local Church Dispute Hits on National Issue
By Kelly Wilkinson
Lenox, MA – A dispute over a proposed parish hall in Lenox Massachusetts is mirroring a national debate. At the crux of the matter - both locally and nationally - is a relatively new federal law that allows religious institutions to bypass local law. While supporters say it prevents religious discrimination, opponents say it's a direct affront to local government. More from WAMC's Berkshire Bureau Chief Kelly Wilkinson.