Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
WAMC New York News
Wed February 18, 2004
Local Church Dispute Hits on National Issue
By Kelly Wilkinson
Lenox, MA – A dispute over a proposed parish hall in Lenox Massachusetts is mirroring a national debate. At the crux of the matter - both locally and nationally - is a relatively new federal law that allows religious institutions to bypass local law. While supporters say it prevents religious discrimination, opponents say it's a direct affront to local government. More from WAMC's Berkshire Bureau Chief Kelly Wilkinson.