Most Active Stories
- Dr. Russell Johnson, Michigan State University - The Harmful Effects of Smartphones
- The Great Debate - Single Payer or Private Insurance
- MA Health Connector Dwindles Backlog; Website Work Remains
- Dr. Russell Poldrack, University of Texas at Austin - Studying fluctuations of the brain
- A Whole Lotta Flash: Lesli Margherita In "Matilda: The Musical"
WAMC New York News
Fri July 8, 2005
Local Teams Quick to Respond to Alert
By Hank Gross
Middletown, NY – Local emergency response teams in the Hudson Valley snapped into action following Thursday morning's bombings in London. The federal government raised the nation's alert level to orange for mass transit systems. That means Metro-North trains, Stewart and Westchester County airports are on a higher alert level of awareness. WAMC's Hank Gross reports.