Most Active Stories
- Next In NYS: Legal Marijuana?
- Family Of Norman Rockwell Angered Over Conclusions Drawn In New Rockwell Biography
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- An Apple A Day Keeps The Doctor Away, And Statins Do, Too
- Dr. Robert Levenson, University of California Berkeley - Genetics of Marital Bliss
WAMC New York News
Mon January 19, 2004
Local Woman Joins Worldwide Polio Effort
By Kelly Wilkinson
Great Barrington, MA – A global health initiative is working to wipe polio out from the face of the earth in the next few years. The effort is the largest public health initiative in history and is being carried out by thousands of health care workers all over the globe. Berkshire Bureau Chief Kelly Wilkinson spoke with a Massachusetts woman who's part of the effort to completely eradicate the crippling disease.