Most Active Stories
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
WAMC New York News
Thu March 16, 2006
Long Dormant Emergency Call Boxes on I-87 to be Reactivated
By Pat Bradley
Plattsburgh, NY – A long stretch of the Adirondack Northway is notorious as a cell phone dead-zone. And emergency phones along the highway have not worked for years. State representatives from New York's North Country have announced that the emergency call boxes along Interstate 87 north of Lake George will be operational within a month-and-a-half. WAMC's North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley has more.