Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
WAMC New York News
Thu March 16, 2006
Long Dormant Emergency Call Boxes on I-87 to be Reactivated
By Pat Bradley
Plattsburgh, NY – A long stretch of the Adirondack Northway is notorious as a cell phone dead-zone. And emergency phones along the highway have not worked for years. State representatives from New York's North Country have announced that the emergency call boxes along Interstate 87 north of Lake George will be operational within a month-and-a-half. WAMC's North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley has more.