Most Active Stories
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
WAMC New York News
Fri May 19, 2006
Long-time Assemblyman Announces Retirement to Accept Parole Board Position
By Pat Bradley
Plattsburgh, NY – An Assemblyman from northern New York plans to leave the office he's held for 20 years and take a job offered to him by Governor Pataki. Fifty-eight-year-old Republican Chris Ortloff of Clinton County will accept a position on the New York State Parole Board. WAMC's North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley has more.