Most Active Stories
- Prof. Nancy Prideaux, University of Texas Austin – Logistics of Black Friday
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- F-35 To Be Housed At Vermont Air Guard Base
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- White House Cites Pre-Existing Condition Case From Its Own Ranks
WAMC New England News
Tue March 7, 2006
Longer School Day Possible For Some Mass. Students Next Year
By Dan Bobkoff
BOSTON, mA – Students have been getting out of school in the early afternoon since the days when most of them had to go help with the farm after classes. But is the current school schedule obsolete? Lawmakers in Boston are getting closer to passing legislation that will make it easier for school districts to expand the school day and the school year.
WAMC's Pioneer Valley Bureau Chief Dan Bobkoff has the story.