Most Active Stories
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Scenic Rail Expected To Be Running In Northern Berkshires This Summer
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- Threats Lead To Hamilton College Lockdown
WAMC New England News
Tue March 7, 2006
Longer School Day Possible For Some Mass. Students Next Year
By Dan Bobkoff
BOSTON, mA – Students have been getting out of school in the early afternoon since the days when most of them had to go help with the farm after classes. But is the current school schedule obsolete? Lawmakers in Boston are getting closer to passing legislation that will make it easier for school districts to expand the school day and the school year.
WAMC's Pioneer Valley Bureau Chief Dan Bobkoff has the story.