Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
WAMC New York News
Fri March 19, 2004
Love Canal 25 Years Later
By Brian Shields
Albany, NY – Love Canal, a working class neighborhood in Niagara Falls, NY., became the first site to be placed on the federal government's Superfund Cleanup list 25 years ago. This week the Environmental
Protection Agency recommended removing Love Canal from the Superfund saying the cleanup at one of the more notorious
hazardous waste site in the U.S. has been completed. WAMC's Brian Shields reports.